We Respect Your Privacy
In order to provide you with the highest standard of dental care, the Endodontic Group is required to collect personal information from you. The information covers basic details such as your name, address and telephone number, but it is also necessary for the Endodontist to obtain from you details regarding your general health and past medical or surgical events. Without this general health information, your Endodontist is unable to plan your care properly.
Naturally, some of this information is of a personal nature and some of it might be regarded as 'sensitive' and not the sort of information that you would wish to be unnecessarily disclosed to others.
We value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by the Australian Dental Association, we would like to assure you that:
- The information will only be used by the treating Endodontist in order to deliver your care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment, without your express consent.
- You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay. This access might be by inspection of your dental records at the time of appointment or by special access or copying of information at other times.
- There will be no charge made for requesting this information but there may be fees levied just to cover the costs associated with processing of this request or copying of information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Our staff are trained to respect these principles at all times.
In the Endodontic Group’s efforts to share expertise and knowledge, individual case studies are posted to the Endodontic Group’s website and other forums, including lectures to other dentists and discussion groups. These case studies are completely de-identified. If you would prefer to have your de-identified treatment excluded from case studies, please notify the Endodontist.
If you have any questions regarding the information we collect from you and hold in your dental records, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are acting in your interest at all times.