We respect your privacy
In order to provide patients with the highest standard of dental care, the Endodontic Group is required to collect personal information from you. We also collect information from referring dentists so that we can report back to the referring dentist following treatment. This information includes basic details such as your name, address and telephone number, but it may also be necessary for the Endodontist to obtain from you (or your referring dentist) details regarding your general health and past medical or surgical events. Without this general health information, your Endodontist is unable to plan your care properly.
Naturally, some of this information is of a personal nature and some of it might be regarded as 'sensitive' and not the sort of information that you would wish to be unnecessarily disclosed to others.
For dentists and dental students who register for our Dentist Connect and Student Connect portals, we may collect data including name, address, practice (if relevant), telephone number, year of graduation, university attended, unique direct email address and practice email address. This information is collected so that we can send complimentary educational event invitations and other e-correspondence, such as newsletters, to the right audience. Dentists and dental students can opt-in to receive this e-correspondence and can unsubscribe at any time. We may also post student information packs, referral packs and other relevant resources where relevant.
We value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by the Australian Dental Association, we would like to assure you that:
- Patient information will only be used by the treating Endodontist in order to deliver your care to the highest standards.
- Patient information will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment, without your express consent.
- We may engage third parties (such as online and email services) to assist us in delivering patients the highest possible care and ensuring efficient delivery of information to dentists and dental students. Due to the nature of the internet, some service providers may be based or operate overseas. A limited amount of your information may be provided to those third parties, but only to the extent required to enable us to deliver patient care or ensure efficient distribution of correspondence. Those third parties will also keep your information private and confidential.
- You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay. Depending on the type of information we hold about you and the sensitivity of that information, this access might be by inspection of your records or by special access or copying of information at other times. We will endeavour to provide the information to you in an expeditious and convenient manner.
- There will be no charge made for requesting this information but there may be fees levied just to cover the costs associated with processing of this request or copying of information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Our staff are trained to respect these principles at all times.
In the Endodontic Group’s efforts to share expertise and knowledge, individual case studies are posted to the Endodontic Group’s website and other forums, including lectures to dentists and dental students and discussion groups (including online). These case studies are completely de-identified. Patients, if you would prefer to have your de-identified treatment excluded from case studies, please notify the Endodontist.
If you have any questions regarding the information we collect from you and hold in your dental records, or if you wish to make a complaint, or wish to correct any information we may hold about you, please do not hesitate to contact us through the details below or through our online contact form:
70 Coonan Street
Indooroopilly Q 4068
(07) 3837 0077
We are acting in your interest at all times.